Are your gutters full? It has been a wet summer, with that we have had many calls about overflowing gutters, clogged downspouts, and worse water in the basement. It is important to have your gutters cleaned at least once a year, and twice if you have a lot of trees. By keeping up with your gutter maintenance you will end up saving thousands of dollars in repairs.
What can be in your gutters? We have found:
- moss growing
- helicopter plant seeds
- birds’ nests
- hornet nests
- sludge, dirt, and debris
- and of course leaves to name a few.
But I have gutter guards! Gutter guards work great at keeping the big stuff out of your gutters. However, even with gutter guards you still need to maintain your gutters. Sludge still gets into your gutters and needs to be cleaned out. Leaves can still cover the tops of your gutter guards, making them not function properly.
Tips to better gutters:
- Make sure your gutters are all attached properly. Many times the downspouts will detach.
- Next time it rains, pay attention and make sure that your gutters are not overflowing, or dripping anywhere. Make sure the water is flowing out properly, and that you have no leaks in your home.
- Install gutter guards to help keep your gutters cleaned out. Just remember you still need to have them cleaned.
- Whether you hire someone, or do it yourself always make sure to clean your gutters annually. If you have a lot of trees, you may need to do this twice a year.
Are your gutters clogged? Things to look for:
- Rain water is not filtering out properly.
- Water flowing over or dripping out of gutter when it rains.
- Leaks in your home.
- You can see weeds growing out of your gutters, or water reflections when it’s not raining.
Contact us for a free estimate! Save yourself thousands in foundation issues by maintaining your gutters annually.